Structural PipesComments Off on Structural Pipes
- Structural grade steel pipe is a component in numerous kinds of construction projects such as buildings, bridges, highways and utilities.
- Structural grade steel used in these applications is usually in the form of pipe pilings – a pipe piling used instead of a poured caisson in bridge construction, for example.
- Steel pipe pilings offer a way to get a solid foundation for a structure despite ground conditions that might not be suitable for the load of the structure. The steel pipe piling is driven into the ground to a depth where stronger soil conditions and rock formations provide the necessary support. The pipe then becomes the foundation for the structure.
- Pipe piles can provide support needed to build bridges, buildings, seawalls, and many other structures.
- Structural grade steel pipe can also be used for steel pipe casings to provide protection to smaller pipes or cables.