About SBI Officers’ Association
Based in Chennai, the SBI Officers Association (SBIOA) is a formal trade union of SBI workers and employees. Established in 1978, the organization represents thousands of SBI employees across the three states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Pondicherry.
SBIOA was creating a mega housing township in Chennai. The township was expected to house thousands of SBI employees and their families. With 21 high-rise buildings of 15 floors each and a total of 2,000 apartments, this is one of the largest projects in the organisation’s history. SBIOA required a comprehensive fire safety solution for this vast project. The pipes and equipment required would have to be durable, corrosion-resistant, and appropriate for Chennai’s humid climate. The SBIOA Project Management Committee commissioned Sicagen to provide the building materials necessary for the fire safety solution.
The Sicagen Solution
Our team of engineers studied the location, building plans, and local climate to guide the material selection process. Materials for this project were picked on the basis of the following criteria:
- Long-term durability
- Ability to withstand high pressure
- Ability to mitigate corrosive elements
- Suitability for use in hot and humid conditions
Based on these parameters, we picked a robust industrial-grade steel to manufacture units of ERW (Electric Resistance Welded) pipes. Timely delivery as per the development phases was critical for SBIOA to avoid a capital block-up. Sicagen delivered a total 565 Tonnes of ERW tubes, worth ₹30 million, in a timely manner.
High-quality materials delivered in a timely manner helped secure the residential township of thousands of SBI families. The township now meets international standards for fire safety and is well-equipped to handle unforeseen emergencies. Our ability to supply high-quality pipes to integrate with the fire safety infrastructure without disrupting construction on site was appreciated by the SBIOA Project Management Committee.
- SBIOA’s residential township in Chennai required a fire safety solution.
- With 2,000 apartments spread across 21 high-rise buildings, high-quality fire-safety material was to be delivered within stringent timelines.
- Sicagen helped secure the site by providing high-quality industrial-grade ERW pipes that have helped the property surpass international standards for fire safety.